Welcome to the Office of Institutional Equity
As objective fact-finders, the Office of Institutional Equity (OIE) supports efforts to uphold the University's commitment to creating and maintaining a working and learning environment that is inclusive and free of discriminatory conduct as required by the University's Nondiscrimination and Anti-harassment Policy. OIE leads efforts to uphold this Policy and its goals for our community.
OIE promotes and upholds Nondiscrimination and Anti-harassment by:
- Guiding employees in referring affected individuals to OIE;
- Facilitating resolution of concerns through advising and providing guidance and support to parties and their supervisors;
- Conducting formal investigations in situations in which alternative resolutions efforts are unsuccessful or inappropriate;
- Partnering with administrators and supervisors to protect against retaliation; and
- Providing general and targeted educational training programs to prevent discrimination and harassment.