Make A Referral
If you are approached about or become aware of discriminatory conduct, take action with "The 3 Rs":
Referring students and employees affected by discrimination to OIE is as easy as sending an email. OIE will provide you with a sample of a "The 3 Rs" email upon request. If you have any questions about the referral question or would like assistance in drafting a referral email, please contact us at email@example.com or 520-621-9449.
- In person, show empathy, neutrality, provide a brochure, and refer to OIE.
- Follow up by email, reminding the concerned party that OIE (or DOS) is the campus resource for handling discriminatory treatment. Please do not include a heavily detailed report of the alleged conduct or make conclusions that laws/policies have been violated.
- Provide contact information: 520-621-9449, firstname.lastname@example.org, and equity.arizona.edu.
- Attach brochures to the email.
- "cc" OIE in the same outgoing email at email@example.com.
- (You may decide to call OIE yourself if the alleged conduct is egregious, or presents a continuing danger, and you are concerned the affected student or employee will not reach out for assistance).
Save your email correspondence.
The email is a record of your actions, maintained in your files, as well as OIE's.